Considering the COVID-19 outbreak throughout the world, there has a sudden halt in our lives.
In today’s world where people had no time even to complete their sleep or eat their meals peacefully, the sudden lockdown has left them pondering upon how should they cut their time which will also involve their complete family, productive in nature and also has some good health benefits.
So, sharing below are a list of activities that can be performed when at home, without having to step out so that the home lockdown time is utilised in a productive and healthy way.
1. Extra sleep - Sleep is a very crucial element for a human body. It is important to have adequate sleep for better health, immunity, regeneration and repair mechanism of the body. So, while you had no time to complete your sleep, this is an opportunity where you can complete your sleep and wake up without an alarm.
2. Workout - Let the lockdown of gyms, parks and activity centres not be an excuse for you not working out. You can easily engage into some home workout sessions along with your family. The benefits of exercise are innumerable and you should gift all of them to your body. Some of the workouts you can engage with your family are - yoga, floor exercises, Zumba, aerobics. The access to all these are easily available online.
3. Cooking sessions - Apart from good sleep and exercise, if there is something you need to add, then it’s nutritious, home cooked food. With the increase in the number of eat outs, take away, drive-ins, and house helps to cook food for you at home, we are unaware of the kind of food that has entered our system. Use this time to involve in some family cooking sessions. You can involve your spouse and children as well. This will make sure that, not just your family time is spent in a beautiful way, you also know what goes on you plate.
You can also try some new recipes by involving your children in cooking and research shows that kids who involve into cooking at a young age, turn out to be creative and non-picky eaters.
4. Meditation - meditation is an activity that connects your mind to your body, to help you relax and keep you calm. So, now that you have time and no excuse of rushing to work or a busy lifestyle, meditation sessions for 10 minutes, twice a day, will help you rejuvenate your body.
5. Reading - There might have been so many books piling up on one of the shelves, that you wanted to read since forever. now, you can just spend some time reading those books and either enlighten or entertain yourself.
6. Cleaning together - The lockdown has left the ladies in the home with no house helps, hence, increased work. Cleaning together as a family will not only reduce the strain on a single person, but also gives some cardio workout and helps you burn some extra calories as well.
7. Gardening - Spending some quality time in your backyard or balcony, watering the plants, changing their soil, growing your own fruits and vegetables, or just sitting between the plants will give you relaxed time and some good quality air to breathe in.
8. Play sessions with children - As children tend to get bored very easily, it is difficult to keep them engaged in one single activity. At such times, you can involve in some family play sessions with them, involve them in cooking and baking, cleaning, read them stories and stories, enrol them in some online activity classes or help them develop a new hobby.
9. Updating knowledge - Ever thought of all those online courses that you wanted to complete but had no time? You can now enroll in those courses and upgrade your existing knowledge which will be fruitful for you in future.
10. Re-creating hobbies - Every person has some or the other hidden talent or hobby which are forgotten with the growing responsibilities and busy life. Re-create those hobbies now and let the young ones in you be alive again.
So, these are a few activities that can be done while at home, so you make sure that, ones the situation is back to normal, you do not regret of not spending the time in quality and productive way.