Whether winter or scorching summers, Pouring heavy rains or drought, in the best of your health or sick, when we wake up in the morning, all we look for first id a cup of hot tea, coffee or a glass of cold water for it feels refreshing but, the fact is that, it is only hampering our metabolism in return.
Bad metabolism is the primary cause of many lifestyle diseases and disorders, the major one being obesity which in turn leads to many health related problems like diabetes, blood pressure, hormonal imbalances, cardiac issues, etc. Hence, a good metabolism is very important and can be achieved by a few lifestyle changes. One of the lifestyle change can be – DRINKING WARM WATER EMPTY STOMACH.
The warm water can be of any taste and preference or upon your health conditions like
LEMON WATER – reduces the activity of free radicals in the body.
APPLE CIDER VINEGAR – if you suffer from hormonal imbalances, food cravings through the day, uncontrolled diabetes.
CINNAMON WATER – high cholesterol levels and are diabetes.
JEERA WATER – acidity and gastro-intestinal issues.
For the change of taste, even flavoured waters can be used, but not to use any store bought or packed flavoured water as they may be artificially flavoured, and we do not want to load our body with preservatives first thing in the morning. One glass of any of the above waters and rest plain water can be taken.
It is always better to consult with your dietitian before switching to any of the above water methods. Otherwise, plain warm water is equally good and is proven to have multiple health benefits.
So, some of the benefits are:
- DETOXIFICATION - Following this every day will heal your bodies, provides digestive power and reduces metabolic waste that might have built up in your immune system.
- IMPROVED DIGESTION – Warm water has a vasodilating effect. It can also cleanse the body by flushing out toxins. Acting as a vasodilator, it widens the blood vessels and stimulates the blood flow to rush towards the intestine aiding in better digestion process. It also helps the food in the stomach to break down faster and digest better.
- IMPROVES BLOOD CIRCULATION – Flushes out the toxins that are circulating throughout the body, stimulates the removal of fat deposits from the body and the deposits that affect the nervous system. So, detoxification process relaxes the muscles and loosens them so that the blood supply is not cut off to any part of the body.
- CLEARS SINUSES – It clears nasal congestion quicker than when you drink cold water as the high temperature speeds up the rate at which the mucus may travel.
- CONSTIPATION – Drinking warm water empty stomach helps improve the bowel movement and relieve constipation as it breaks down the food while smoothly passing through the intestines. Stimulation in the bowel movement helps your body return to normal functioning by maintaining your colon health.
- ACTS AS ANTI AGING – The toxins accumulated in the body lead to faster aging along with other skin problems like pimples, acne, blemishes and wrinkles. Drinking warm water empty stomach cleanses your body of the toxins and repair the skin to retain elasticity and free your skin from all the related problems acting as anti-aging therapy.
- ALLEVIATES PAIN – The heat from the warm water has calming and soothing effect on abdominal muscles, which helps alleviate pain from menstruation to headaches.
- WEIGHT LOSS – Drinking warm water empty stomach leads to a rise in the body temperature and increased metabolic rate. The increased metabolism helps you burn more calories resulting in weight loss.
- URINARY TRACT INFECTIONS – As the body is detoxified and well hydrated, the problems of UTI’s can be reduced and avoided.
- BETTER NUTRIENT ABSORPTION – As the body is detoxified, all the organs in the body function optimally with better nutrient absorption and no deficiencies. So, taking up this change in your everyday routine will help you not only with above mentioned but also many other benefits which you will experience post application.
Good health starts not just by right eating but also by, right drinking!