As a week of the new-year has already passed by, so might have the resolutions that were taken. The resolutions to make yourself fit, healthy, slim, to fix those hormonal imbalances, six pack abs, get rid of acne, clear skin, combat wrinkles and early ageing, to look young, to join gym, to eat clean and healthy, to take up a diet programme and so many more.
Most of them have been taking the same resolutions every start of the new-year, unaware of how to execute them or sometimes, in one’s busy life, these just faded away.
So, here I am sharing some tips that will help you adapt a healthier lifestyle in an easier way, keeping you healthy, young and fit this year, and for all those years to come.
- Wake up in the morning to a glass of water. This will help you cleanse your system before breaking the fast and activate your organs for all days’ work. You do need any fancy or expensive waters for this. Just the plain, filtered water will do the wonders.
- Go out in the sun for 10-15 minutes.
- Don’t rush to the weighing scale very morning. Unlike age for fit people, weight is also just a number.
- Eat your breakfast. Skipping your breakfast will not only spike insulin levels in your body leading to fat storage, but also make you binge eat later in the day.
- Chew your food very well. A minimum of 12-18 times chewing will help the food digest better and absorb all the nutrients.
- Keep a watch on your meal timings. The healthy lifestyle starts with healthy time management.
- Add workout to your routine, let that be of any form. This will help you lose weight, add lean muscle and give your body a toned look.
- A good sleeping pattern is indeed a necessity. But, sleeping more than 7-8 hours a day will only make your body sloppy.
- Getting rid of the gadgets one hour before bed will not only help you sleep well but also help all your organs relax and heal better.
- Keep yourself hydrated. During winters, the thirst is usually confused with hunger making us eat more than what our body needs. Hence the excess weight gain in winters. Keep sipping water to stay off that extra weight in winters.
- Socializing is good. But in the name of socializing, dumping all the junk food into your system, and later cribbing on upset stomach and widened love handles is not good. This year opt some healthy venue for your social venues and kitty parties like parks, game zones, zumba or aerobic class sessions, exercise clubs and burn calories in a new way.
- Vacations are good. But, junk in the name of vacations and blaming the place later for increased weight and bloated stomach is not good. Always carry healthy snacks while travelling like nuts, seeds, bars, fruits, and finger foods are a best carry on option if travelling with a toddler.
- Eat that rice. Rice may be white in color. But, the amino acid profile of rice when combined with dal will help you shrink your belly size.
Hope these tips help you stay healthy and strong this year.
HAPPY AND HEALTHY 2018 TO ALL!!!