As the month of March hits, so does the month of Exams.
So, sharing here a few tips useful for both parents and students, to beat the anxiety of examination, combat this part of stress and pass this time smoothly.
So, following are the tips:
1. Remember to start your days with fruits always. This helps in improving the concentration, both in class and during examination.
2. Never skip your breakfast and always chose the tradition Indian breakfast made at home, like poha, paratha, upma, etc. These will keep you alert and productive all day through.
3. Try and carry portable and easy to eat meals in your bag when going for classes. They can be peanuts, makhane, channe, sprouts, fruits, laddu or chikki. You can snack them when you get packed between lectures.
4. When you have to stay up late for study, you can have chapati with ghee and jaggery (gud), fruit milkshake or grilled sandwich.
5. It is advised to avoid chips, biscuits, processed packed foods, soft drinks during exams. Rather, eat the foods that you are familiar with. This will help with better memory.
6. Avoiding green leafy vegetables, sprouts, poha, amla, lemon can cause iron deficiency in the body which is medically termed as anaemia.
7. The night before exam, opt for rice based meal like kichadi, curd rice, dal rice with ghee. These foods are ideal to keep you satisfied and keeps the anxiety under control.
8. Prepare healthy snacks in the evening instead of junk and street food like, sprouts chaat, chana chaat, paneer salad, egg salad, vegetable poha etc.
9. Do opt for healthy options while eating out with friends after exam, like chose Indian cuisine instead of pizzas and burgers.
10. Include foods like walnuts, almonds, flaxseeds, coconut, pumkin seeds, figs, fruits. These are the best brain foods you can include in your diet.
11. Watching TV, mobile, laptops, tabs while having food interferes with the absorption of good nutrients in the body. Say no to gadgets 60 minutes before going to bed.
12. Exercise 150 mins per week.
13. Keep yourself and your kid hydrated always. Do carry a water bottle along.
14. In the end, make sure that you get enough sound sleep during the exams.
These habits formed by you now, will go with you forever.
Good luck for your exams.